My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Friday, March 10, 2017

Farmer Friday

Eggs from the compost chickens
The compost chickens are doing well and give me a few eggs a day; lots of these are going into the incubator because they are all older girls and still laying.

cardboard and manure mulch
I planted out some rosemary, oregano and a Lady Banks rose by the chicken pens. They were mulched with cardboard and newspaper covered with manure.

helpers!
I've had some helpers lately and certainly appreciate them!

The Silkie babies got a new house
The plum trees are blooming
It has been way too warm here, with trees and flowers blooming as much as a month early.

eggs for the incubator
Time to hatch chicks! Lots of eggs going into the incubator, duck, Ameraucana, Buff Orpington, Black Copper Marans, olive eggers.

Superior Farmer's Market
Tomorrow I'll be back at the Superior Farmer's Market with baby mustard greens, kale, collards, Superior grown grapefruit and lots of fresh eggs!

A peak at the light set up at my house:
And soon I'll have lettuce for market!

1 comment:

  1. My favorite eggs are the Black Copper Marans! Look just like the Easter eggs my Polish grandmother used to dye from onion skins! And delicious!Love you Mary Hysong!

    ReplyDelete