My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

What a Terrible Windstorm


We had a terrible windstorm right at dusk yesterday evening. I woke up to the Ducks shade looking like this. 

The roof was blown off this little coop and Harmony's Nankins were loose.  My buff Ameraucana pair also got loose and were chasing the Nankins which ran and hid in another open coop. So I just shut the door until I can fix their coop and move them back. 



Then I went to my house to discover the 10 foot tall archway is bent.  I will have to wait until frost to take it down since the Red Kuri squash are climbing on it. 



Then I discovered a dead raptor in my front yard. Nothing left but feather and bone so it's been there awhile. Not sure what kind but maybe a Cooper's hawk. I thought it was a chicken at first but couldn't tell because the feathers were so faded and matted. I didn't find any tail or legs. Just wings, head and body. Just another day on the farm!

No comments:

Post a Comment