My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Wednesday, July 18, 2018

7/18/18 Wednesday


The cucumbers are finally coming. 


Back on fence this morning. Got the big rock out of the hole and the post set. These are 8' posts and I'm barely 5'2" so I have to slide the pounder on before I set the post upright. Then I have to stand on the uphill side to pound it in. 



Grasshoppers have been really bad the last couple of years. I ordered this from Arbico organic down by Tucson. It is a disease that will only kill grasshoppers and crickets. And once in the population it will spread. Hopefully next year I won't loose so many seedlings to them. 



It got terribly hot and humid so worked in the shade.  Made some more potting soil with the last of the peatmoss and vermiculite will have to pick up some more later. 



I also worked on the gate for the new pen. These are 1x2" furring strips.  I'm making two frames the same size. Then I will sandwich hardware cloth between them. 



Sweating like a racehorse I headed back for lunch and a shower. Mean rooster is not long for this world!  Went to see sis, she was out of bed eating jello. Might get to go home today. Then a short visit with mom. We have a storm coming in, sure is making me sleepy.  Sis got to come. Some regular chores and now off to bed. Goodnight world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment