My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Spring is Here 4/21/2020


Spring is here. Babies all over including my new grand son Noah Dakota. 


The goats are settling in. I try to cut them fresh greens every coupe days. 

But sometimes the goats are naughty jumping on the hoop house. 

I threw out some poppy seed about 30 years ago. The winter rain has really brought them on. 

The desert is blooming too. 


The potatoes are doing well. 


Loads of eggs every day. Occasionally a broken one.  


The red locust tree is blooming. 

Chicks hatching in the incubator. 


I moved some hens out to another pen. 

I cleaned out their space, made a new brooder pen and moved the chicks from the house.  


Transplanted some seedlings into bigger pots. 


More babies hatched over the weekend. Getting ready to put more eggs in the incubator with a hatch due every week. 


I love all the different eggs I’m getting this year. 


Posie’s cute little udder. I’ll probably be able to breed her this fall. 

#appreciation
Just loving that I usually have enough of everything on hand that I am not having shortage of anything. 






No comments:

Post a Comment