My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Thursday, October 7, 2021

Some Progress


Don’t know what’s up but Caramel and Posie have been butting heads. 

After Caramel tried to break the milk stand I added some runners so it can’t tip forward again. 


I cut off the little seat because it seemed to be making it unstable and raked and leveled the ground. So far so good 

I made up some soil blocks  and planted some seeds 

I’ve worked two mornings in the hill pen. I’m afraid this corner isn’t going to hold so hot the idea to wrap another cattle panel around it and fill the space with rock


I think it will work out ok. 


And I worked some more on the slope. 

Sunrise was beautiful this morning 

Bambi did not want to come up the hill today!

I made some salty rennet cheese. 

And cooked down some chicken broth 

Apparently I’m spider woman since not only is my house full of webs they are now taking over the car. Don’t mind the hay. The truck was down a couple of weeks 

And tonight Caramel was just ridiculous for absolutely no reason at all. She didn’t even finish her grain (she’s not a grain hog like Posie and doesn’t eat it all on the stand). The dog was no where to be. Seen   I really don’t know what’s up with her. 

#appreciation
Appreciating some extra time off to get things done 









No comments:

Post a Comment