My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Sunday, December 31, 2023

Day 10: Twelve Days of 2023


I'm recapping 2023 one month at a time. This is October. I almost stepped on this gopher snake. I think it was hurt.





Bambi was in heat and acting goofy.


The tomatoes are still coming in. We haven't been even close to freezing yet.




The Superior Farmers Market welcomed the Burro Races.


Friends gave us lots of cull apples and the goats enjoyed them a lot.



I discovered I had a gas leak and spent a lot of time digging up the gas line through gnarly tree roots.


Tink, the old cat.


Finally got the little raised beds ready to plant. 


 The spring pullets began to lay.


Digger destroyed the roof on his house.


The coyote comes right into the fence.


Digger goes crazy over the silliest things. In his defence I did find a dead mouse in his pen the next morning.

I can say for sure Storm didn't get bred as she's had several heat cycles since this incident.


Another coyote sighting.


Storm really hurt herself. (she's fine now)





No comments:

Post a Comment