My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Wednesday, February 12, 2020

And it’s Wednesday 2/12/2020


First job today, planting 2 pear trees up by that fence. Some day the rock wall will be finished and this area leveled out. I the meantime it’s a place to dump rotten wood to finish rotting. 


Dig two holes. 


Cut some wire to help protect the trunks from rodents. 

Plant trees, adding some mycorrhizae innoculants. 


All done. 


Next up. Replace this faucet. It’s probably leaking more than 50 gallons of water a day. Terrified I’m going to break that rusty pipe!


Whew!  Did it.  And I didn’t break the pipe. 

No more leaking!


Next up, sift compost for garden beds. 

Got most of this 25’ long bed done. I have to finish digging out the Bermuda grass at the other end before I finish.  


On to this bed.  Pulled anything that would be a problem later and cut the clover for the chickens. I’ll pull up the drip lines, dump compost, replace the drip lines and plant. I can probably get that finished tomorrow.  Time to do chores and deliver eggs!

#100daysofappreciation
Today I really appreciated the beautiful sunshine, the birds singing, the work flow. Everything seemed just right. 



No comments:

Post a Comment