My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Wednesday 6/10/2020


Of course right when I’m trying to make it to Saturday morning market by 7. 


I didn’t have much after delivering to Superior and sod out pretty quick. 

Getting the potato bed ready to replant. How about green beans. 

I switched chick feed and now Tink follows me around in the morning eating it. 


I worked on more chicken tractors and finally got the ast batch of chicks out of the house. 


Scorpion time. 


Propped up the suer low hanging plum tree. 


The pumpkin that ate the garden. 

An odd sunflower 

Took Giotto to the vet for his checkup and rabies shot. No heart worms and no Lyme disease or 2 other tick carried diseases. I haven’t seen a tick here in 30 years so surprise. 

A cute little rat snake checking out mousehoes in a chicken pen. The girls were not happy about it at all. My chickens in Texas would have eaten it. 


Today’s disaster.  A pen of chicks dumped  their water and it was hot. 2 were goners when I found them. One other may not make it. The one I’m soaking in water in the pic was doing pretty good a little later. 

#appreciation
Today I’ve been appreciating that this is the coolest June we’ve had in at least 3 years. (3 years ago the first Saturday in June it was 115°F)





No comments:

Post a Comment