My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Friday, November 20, 2020

Farmer Friday 11/20/2020


So as you can see this wall needs some help. No gutters on this side of the house due to bizarre roof angles and a lot of water dumps right there and splashes into the bottom of the wall. 


So Farmer Girl tackled the repair with only a small amount of guidance and help from me. 

We just used up some scrap that my daughter found on heavy trash day. 

And now for some paint. Good job Farmer Girl!


While Farmer Girl worked on the house wall I finished getting a garden bed ready. I’ll be planting it soon. 


Hopefully it will grow as well as this one has. 

This morning I picked the first Tatsoi along with the usual chard and kale and a few random radishes. 

I pulled a few small weeds and buggy leaves for the chickens. 


And spent the rest of the day making a parking garage for the cordless tools. On the sides of the uprights are magnet tool holders to hold all the little oddball bits and nut drivers. Now I just need to figure out a good way to store my pliers and my socket set that’s in a broken case. 

#appreciation
Today I appreciate all the people in my lifetime that have taught me about making, building and using power tools. From my first mentor, a master carpenter, 40 some years ago to some great YouTube videos I learn something new with every project. 





No comments:

Post a Comment