My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Tuesday, May 4, 2021

What Else Happened


Lots of eggs for market. 

Still have a few tomato plants for sale

Chicks hatched on Sunday. The mesh bags and boxes are to keep them separate until I toe punch them for permanent ID. 

A fat little Black Copper Marans chick

An unusually marked olive egger chick

The new garden got kale mix seeded down the inside of one tomato trellis. The other side got patches of purslane, giant red mustard and collards. Covered with shade cloth to stay moist and foil the birds. 


And of course on Monday we had the crazy day with the new twins. 


Also on Monday Posie gave me half a gallon of milk

I still had feed to unload (which I finally finished Tuesday morning)

And Monday evening I made up more seed starting mix.  I made up a tray of soil blocks and seeded cucumbers, gourds and pumpkins. 

Mmmm. I know I didn’t drink enough water and actually don’t remember eating dinner either. No wonder I’m hungry. 

#appreciation
I so appreciate that everything turned out well with the kids 







No comments:

Post a Comment