My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

More planting!

seedling in a soil block ready to transplant
Well I made lots of soil blocks and have been planting lots of seeds. The best gardening season of the year is fall to spring; summers are just too darn hot. I've planted the following,either in the ground or in soil blocks:
  • Amber violas from Botanical Interests.
  • pakchoy
  • tatsoy
  • Broccoli-purple, DiCicco and Romanesco
  • Early Snowball Cauliflower
  • Early Jersey Wakefield Cabbage
  • Red Giant Mustard
  • dwarf snap dragons
  • mixed lettuces
  • Golden Globe Turnips
  • Easter Egg Radishes
  • Western Front Kale
  • mache
  • mizuna
  • chard
  • spinach
  • Sweet Magnolia, a purple podded snap pea
 If you don't know what soil blocks are, I wrote a three part article about them, complete with color photos of making and using them. You can read part one, at this link: Seed Starting in Soil Blocks. There are links to the other parts on that page.
mmmmm didn't I just cut down those stupid trees???

No comments:

Post a Comment