My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Monday, November 7, 2011

STONE WALLS

Stone walls, Nov 2, 2011
Well here is where I left off on the walls last week. It has been rainy and grey since then. The corner on the left is the height the left hand side will be going to. As you can see the right hand side above the culverts needs to come up higher. I have enough cement to make one more batch but I don't know if the weather is going to cooperate.



Stone Wall above the culverts





Here is the wall from above the culverts. As you can see I still have to haul some dirt and fill in behind the wall where the July 4th storm washed so much away.

In the meantime I did harvest some lettuce and baby beets yesterday and I *thought* I took pictures of them but I guess I didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment