My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Monday, May 19, 2014

Coop Progress!

I had some time one day this week when the wind wasn't blowing so I tried to hang the doors on the coop. The first door I had trimmed, when I went to put it in, as I was putting in the first screw a puff of wind came along and twisted it.

As you can see it broke the door. This was an interior hollow core door and instead of having a solid wood frame it only had a thin fiber board frame.

I found another door that would fit the opening and finally got it hung, along with one for the other end of the coop.

I thought I took a picture of the frame after I painted it, but if I really did I can't find it.



I added chicken wire over the fence panels along each side. I still need to put wire on the end openings and trim around the doors a bit.

I put on the tarp I bought for it and a piece of shade cloth along the west side. I still need to paint the doors. I also need to fill in under the corner of the frame and level up the ground on the inside.

Then I need to make a divider wall in the center. Just never enough hours in a day.

1 comment:

  1. Looking good! That's a huge coop, how many hens are you going to have?

    ReplyDelete