My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Happenings

Well it's been a busy week around here. Last Monday I came home from work to discover that the wind had shoved the new coop over about 18 inches, and knocked it down off the bricks.

My friend Katie and her grandson Gage came by and lent a hand shoving it back in place and hauling some rocks to fill in under it.

I pounded a piece of rebar down in the bricks and the next day added some cement. I also pounded an old piece of water pipe into the ground about two feet and wired the other side of the coop to it. I don't think it will move now. Funny, the first hoop coop I made, with a lighter weight wood frame and PVC ribs has never moved an in.

inside the coop



I worked some on the inside of the coop, framing up for the center divider.








creekside garden

While the back yard garden isn't fareing too well with the pigs, the pup and some loose chickens, the garden along the creek is doing pretty good. The only bad thing is I have been invaded by chipmunks and they are eating the bean and sunflower plants.






green tomato
marigolds

Royalty purple bean flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment