My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Get Ready for Market

Rainbow Chard
Friday was harvest and get ready for farmer's market day. I picked a couple of bunches of swiss chard and harvested some buggy and wilty leaves for the chickens.

Benning's Green Tint pattypan



Some nice patty pan squash, both green and yellow.












Gold Rush Zucchini


Some Gold Rush yellow Zucchini along with some green ones.


trapped by the zucchini plants!


















Rainbow Carrots


Rainbow Beets




















I pulled some rainbow carrots and beets. They are as much fun to look at as they are to eat.
when you can't find the muffin tin


Last week was National Farmer's Market week and our market always chooses that Saturday as Customer Appreciation Day. We have a free cupcake bar where you can frost and decorate your own cupcake. So I made a batch to take. A friend told me next time to put the papers inside a canning jar ring.


mixed tomatoes



I had ladies lined up waiting to snag the nicest tomatoes in the box as soon as the bell rang!  (at our market we are only allowed to sell during the set hours, marked off by the vigorous ringing of a cowbell by the market manager)

eggs from the Compost Chickens!







The Compost Chickens outdid themselves this week with 13 eggs!

No comments:

Post a Comment