My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Friday, February 16, 2018

Farmer Friday

Lancinato (Dinosaur Kale) and Rainbow Chard
The kale and chard in the low tunnel is finally taking off and ready to pick. I picked a mess of collards too.

Eggs!
While I'm still waiting for some of the older birds to start laying again, I still have a lot of eggs~ about 38 a day!

pallet fence
I got a little bit done on the pallet fence out front, but need to trim a couple of them to fit right. Hopefully when finished the pigs won't be able to get in the yard any more.

fence from the other side
rain clouds
I finally had some rain on Thursday, 1.5". Except for .1" awhile back that's the first rain since September. I hope we get more rain over the next few months, we are really behind. I got just over 10 inches for all of 2017.

3 comments:

  1. It's a shame you don't have a donate button! I'd
    without a doubt donate to this brilliant blog! I guess for now i'll settle for bookmarking and adding your RSS feed to my Google account.
    I look forward to new updates and will share this site with my
    Facebook group. Chat soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad your place is doing well. Your kale reminds me to get some planted. Our weather needs to warm up but will put some in my protective cover. Have planted some other seeds in there but none up yet. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a shame you don't have a donate button!
    I'd definitely donate to this outstanding blog! I suppose for now i'll settle for bookmarking and adding
    your RSS feed to my Google account. I look forward to new updates
    and will share this site with my Facebook group.

    Talk soon!

    ReplyDelete