My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Friday, March 29, 2019

March 29, 2019 the day’s work


I cleared out part of the bed of bolting kale while salvaging as many leaves as possible. 


I picked even more Purple Sprouting Broccoli than last week. 


Discovered some huge gnarly beets hiding under the row cover. 


Put a set of nest boxes in the upper hoophouse and added more straw. 
Delivered eggs and ran errands.  Moved Giotto back up on the hill. He’s been down by the big chicken house since the first snow collapsed this hoop house. Now I can get some things planted in the area he was in.  

No comments:

Post a Comment