My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Thursday, March 28, 2019

The Days Work


Here you can see how bad the lower hoophouse is leaning.  What you can’t really tell is that the Tposts on the upside are also leaning and that the upper hoophouse crept 4-6” down hill so it is now sitting on the bottom of those Tposts.  What to do?



Well I added some boards a few inches below the bottom hoophouse to help build up some support. I’m going to uncover it, reset the Tposts and put in some end walls. 


In the meantime in the upper hoophouse I added some scrap metal to fill in gaps on the uphill side. 


I put in a couple of roosts. I also added a board to help hold dirt and make a more level area. 


And I started hauling in some straw for the chickens to scratch through. 


And in the house I managed to get a couple of shelves put up to corral egg cartons on. I even managed to wash some dishes and a load of laundry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment