My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Monday, June 29, 2020

Catching Up 6/29/2020


Gosh can’t believe June is gone already. It’s been a busy couple of weeks. Miss Posie got out again but was easily caught and put back. 

Some tarps blew off in the wind. 

The birds are thirsty 


I think the mystery pumpkin in the garden is a Buttercup squash. 


I’ve been laying cardboard and sawdust down in pathways for mulch. 

The sunflowers have been awesome 

My oldest farmer girl has been visiting and helping me out. 

The girls are down to only about 50% lay now that it’s hot. 


We harvested about 30-40 pounds of potatoes. They’ve all been sold off now. 

But more have been planted for a fall crop. 

I’ve learned how to FaceTime with my grandson 

Really????

Due to Covid-19 Freya missed getting spayed. So kittens any time. 


Teaching farmer girl to use power tools. 


The third time in a week Giotto was outside the fence. 


Mmmm. Yep I think this is the hole.  Even a tell tale tuft of hair. Some boards and screws and it seems to be working. He’s still in24 hours later. 



The broody Silkie hatched out 4 splash chicks. A lot of the eggs looked like the had been viable but had tiny pinholes in them so evaporated. 







No comments:

Post a Comment