My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Saturday, July 2, 2022

Farmer Friday


Bashful is still getting used to the puppy. 


Wednesday and Thursday and a bit this morning I hauled pallets and worked on this new goat pen. Chocolate, Gazelle, Midnight and her twins are getting pretty cramped. 


Made a fair amount of progress. Really hoping to be done on Sunday. 

Bashful and Digger were pretty cute today. 

Mmmmm. I suppose hay dust could be the reason my phone hasn’t been charging well lately.  I was feeling pretty crunchy too so got a bath and washed my hair before heading to Superior for deliveries. 

Little goat has been eating hay. He’s graduated to a lamb nipple with a bigger hole so now he can drink more in the same amount of time. 


My Digger, what big paws you have. 

Esmarelda. Always has to be difficult and different.  Bambi, Storm and Storm’s kid all laying in the shade, chewing cud and napping. While Esmarelda stands on the hay feeder trying to eat the tarp. 


Digger is not happy being restrained in any way and barks, howls, cries and growls because he can’t get to me while I’m milking. He also tangled himself up and chews the leash. Tonight he managed to chew it in half. It’s only 5 days old. 

I did get some Swiss chard picked this morning and made a batch of cheese yesterday. We had a little thunderstorm this afternoon. Digger paid no attention to it at all.  Not much rain but I’ll check the gauge in the morning. 




No comments:

Post a Comment