My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Day 12: Twelve Days of 2023


              This is my recap of December 2023. Early in the month as the weather cooled significantly I had a little scare, thinking that Esmerelda had mastitis.


I got Digger Dog's new house all finished, just in time for rain.

                                                                                                                 

The mountains got a little bit of snow.


And I got almost 2 inches of rain.




 I got my new Greenworks 60v. battery powered chainsaw out of layaway and tackled a pile of catclaw I had cut down with the sawzall last year. Oh my, the chainsaw is so much faster and easier!


Little Jupiter went to his new home


My Farmer Boy came to visit.


I've been trying to work on the junk piles and clean up this mess 15 minutes at a time.


I picked the radishes I planted earlier in the fall. They were soooo good!



There have been some mornings even colder than 28.


I hope everyone has had nice holidays. Time to get down to business. Lots of things planned for this coming year!

No comments:

Post a Comment