My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Monday, August 20, 2018

8/20/18 Monday


Big male Trombonccino flower. I always kind of forget just how big these vines grow between seasons. 


Made a trip over the mountain to the closest Home Depot (about an hours drive). Stocked up on peatmoss, vermiculite, got the gates I needed and some other stuff. Duh. I did forget bolts for the gate hinges. 


Got some new Farmer Girl toys. Love my Ryobi 18v tools!  HD was really busy with all the contractors on a Monday morning but everyone was nice and helpful, even the other customers!  And I was back quick. Left at 7:15 and back at 11:30 before it got super miserable hot. 


That's the same baby Trombonccino I've been taking pics of. Not such a baby now!  I'll have to the tape measure out and see how long it is. 


Was a hot day. Usual chores done, I even went to see mom. Got told to F--- off when I tried to get her to eat some of her lunch so I didn't stay. Some days are like that.  Now it's bed time. Good night world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment