My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Tuesday, August 21, 2018

8/21/18. Tuesday. Still no tacos


Remember the family business that burned down awhile back? One of the roses survived and started blooming. I noticed it Saturday which was the anniversary of my little brothers untimely passing. 


You can see there's not much left of the building. Things really do just want to grow!


The mizuna mustard is coming along well. 


Making steps up the hill so it will be easier to get to the new pen. 

I probably need one or two more but that's as much as I got done today. 


The old wheelbarrow which is perfectly good except the handles rotted out. I bought new ones because the bed and frame are still in good shape. Plus it's got a flat less tire.  BUT hugely frustrated because the carriage bolts are spinning in their holes and I can't get the nuts off. If worst comes to worst I'll cut them off and buy new but I don't want to!  Soaked them withWD40  and left them for the night. 


The usual stuff done. Feeding, watering, checking birds, visit mom, run to the store, feed dogs. I'm done. Good night world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment