My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Grrrrr! 1/7/2020


While I was outside cutting up the sheep meat the kittens were wreaking havoc in the kitchen.  Believe me I was not a happy camper to walk in and find over a dozen eggs broken on the floor. 

I’ve been feeding them in the kitchen in an attempt to keep Giotto out of the cat food. That isn’t really working out so have to think of something different. 

And here I had a long list of things that need to be done. I erased it because I decided to focus on what I’ve accomplished instead. This past weekend I processed two cull ewes from my friend. I still need to cut them up and put them in the freezer but that’s about 50 pounds of meat in the fridge. I’ve been cutting wood for the stove and have gotten ahead a bit. I’ve cleaned up some in the kitchen and Loki caught a rat, which *almost* makes up for the broken eggs. I’ve been picking up trash around the yard and it’s looking better. I got all the tulip and daffodil bulbs planted. 

#100daysofappreciation
Today I’m appreciating how this new year is starting off so well. Many things are coming together nicely and I know more good things are coming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment