My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Monday, August 8, 2022

Last Week


Digger is taking a nap because he has been a wild child and into everything!

I had planted some seed out front in the empty chicken pens. Dill and basil coming up. 

Lots of kale too. 

I really need an easy way to separate Storm’s boys from her during the day. Their pen is to the left. So I’ve been cleaning up junk piles to make another pen next to it. Not quite done. 


Digger alerted on his first rattlesnake. A good sized Diamond back.


I got a couple of lotion scents restocked in time for market on Saturday 

Oh Miss Chocolate!  See how she’s made a gap there?  

Yep just jumped right through it when I let Midnight out to milk. So she got tied up while I milked. 


Later I added some more sticks, weaving and wedging them in place. I know it won’t stay long term but hopefully will get by a day or two 


I got more shrubs planted. Even though I’ve gotten a little I’ve two inches of rain in two weeks the ground is still powder dry. 

Left the back of the van open and Digger tried to eat the feed sacks. 

And the rubber door seal




And not only does he dig dirt he digs water too. He’s grown a lot and is starting to hit that gangling stage. 

Grateful for the rain and slightly cooler temps even though it brings humidity and more flies. 




No comments:

Post a Comment