My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Sunday, July 3, 2011

HAPPY INDEPENDANCE DAY!

I hope everyone is having a good time this weekend. Take it easy, sit in the shade, splash in the pool, make some ice cream and lemonade and just generally have a grand ol' time. Be careful in the heat, wear your sunscreen, don't play with fire! Enjoy yourselves.

DAMN PROUD AMERICAN! shirt
DAMN PROUD AMERICAN! by maryhysong
Because no matter what, whether I agree with our politicians or not, this is MY country and I'm DAMN PROUD to be an AMERICAN!

Sorry, just had to get that out of my system. Now onto the garden. Not much going on right now except extreme heat and no rain, so watering and watering. Startled a little cactus wren when I went out earlier, poor thing was panting with the heat. My little water dishes for the birds were empty so filled them all up. Hoping it rains soon.

Garden, July 4th, 2009
While this year there isn't much in the garden, in 2009 there was a lot going on and the garden was green and lush and full of yummy things to eat. You can see more pictures by checking the archive links over to the right.

Growing your own food is one of the first steps to Independence. Get started today!

No comments:

Post a Comment