My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Sunday, April 28, 2019

Sunday Sunday

Fresh cut peppermint
Today’s tea flavor is peppermint. It’s been hot but not miserable yet. I managed to get a coop cleaned out, another compost pile started, some laundry and dishes done. I remember to eat and drink.
Vintage incubator
I managed to get some more of my desk cleaned off and rearranged some piles in the living room so I could plug in my vintage 1950s incubator. I had set some eggs in my small table top but it malfunctioned and cooked them. I would rather have had chicks 2 months ago because they grow better and faster when it is cool, but just couldn't make it happen.

73 eggs going in
So in the top carton the 3 lefthand rows are Black Copper Marans, the row of 3 are true breeding olive eggers and last is Buff Orpington. In the bottom right carton at the right top are 3 lighter BCM eggs and some more Buff Orpington. Then 21 silkie eggs. The right hand carton are a more olive eggers from a different cross.

No comments:

Post a Comment