My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Sunday, September 20, 2020

A Most Exciting Week!!



The Patchwork Shed is coming along slowly. 


Little green caterpillars were eating the kale but they became chicken snacks. 


I get up and find these one morning. 

Farmer Girl and I took a Saturday afternoon off. We got sushi and spicy orange chicken from Blooms and picnicked on the Old Courthouse steps. 

Then we went inside to the Cobre Valley Center For the Arts and had a great time. 



The oldest of the 2020 pullets started laying. 


Ian got a new collar 

Rocks are still my biggest crop. 


I got new dish towels. That certainly fits!

My granddaughters tie dyed some shirts and my daughter put my business name on them. My grandson Noah even got one. 


My friend Angelica came over Saturday night and we got 11 cockerels processed.  I still need to rinse  and bag for the freezer. 



I spent Sunday morning rearranging water hoses and adding Ys and hoses because......


The well system was finally ready for use!  Happy Day!

#appreciation
Today I’m appreciating my blessings including following an impulse to check my email. My favorite shoe place was having a sale (shoes.com) and I got 2 pairs for only about $20 more than one pair. My feet are going to be really happy!







No comments:

Post a Comment