My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Friday, September 4, 2020

Crazy couple weeks


We have had almost no rain this summer and multiple wildfires within 30 miles north and East. 

There should be visible mountains over there but all we had was smoke. The fires are either out or mostly contained now but it was scary with various evacuations nearby.  


Our friend Don came and helped put some tin on the shed roof. 

Another friend, Bert gave me enough plywood to close in one wall

And Don came back and gave us a hand putting it up. 

That white blur is Giotto moving after giving my grandson kisses, very gently on the nose, not something he usually does. 


I rescued a small tarantula from the kittens. Usually we see several in August but this is only the second one this year. 


I milked a friend’s goat while they were out of town. Fresh raw milk is so yummy. Can’t wait until I have my own. 


The kittens are liable to be found anywhere. 

The drillers folded up the drill rig and took it away. They hit bedrock at 150 feet. Got the casing installed  
Putting the pump down. With a temporary electrical connection so they could test it. Next up, lot leveling and getting ready to install a 2500 gallon tank. 


My farmer girl went home to visit a few days and to spend time with some friends so I had to do all the chores by myself. I also made a run to Tucson to buy a friend’s breeding flock of Black Copper Marans. 

Farmer Girl fashion. A new chicken tee shirt and new muck boots. 

Got the first bed of the season planted: Swiss chard, beets, radish and salad turnips. 
Whew been a busy couple of weeks. No wonder I’m tired. 

#appreciation
I so appreciate wonderful, kind, caring and generous friends. Without them things wouldn’t be nearly as far along as they are. 

 






No comments:

Post a Comment