My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Friday, February 19, 2021

Farmer Friday


I spent time this week digging out weed trees


Moving dirt and leveling a space

For a tiny baby greenhouse. At 6x8 feet I think I can keep it from freezing with a small electric heater so I can grow more tomato and pepper starts. 

FuzzyButt caught a mouse. Apparently some have moved in under the fridge. 

Can’t open anything around here without a cat jumping in. 

I got a little rain and the mountains got snow 


Peppers and tomatoes are sprouting 

I’ve spent a lot of time looking at this view 


Posie even looked pretty serious this afternoon. Sigh. Then she got up and ate her hay. So no kids today. 

My sweet son delivered my Christmas present (he had covid in December so I haven’t seen him). He made this firewood rack 8’ long and about 4’ high. Like he said I only needed one for about 20 years. 


About another dozen Nankin chicks hatched this afternoon. I just realized I picked salad mix, arugula, herbs and chard and didn’t take any pictures of them. I was too busy getting things done today and ready for market tomorrow. I also had to deliver eggs, get gas and a few things at the grocery store. 

#appreciation
Today I appreciate life. Life is bursting out all over the place right now. 







No comments:

Post a Comment