My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Friday, February 5, 2021

Farmer Friday 2/5/2021


There was a lot of work to do after the snow storm. 

A friend came over and we literally took my wood stove apart and even turned it upside down. 

It’s a 30 year old air tight and this baffle was clogged with fine ash. 


Hopefully it’s another 30 years before we have to do that again. 


7 little Nankin chicks hatched last week 

Even after 2” of rain the ground 8” down is bone dry. 

I did manage to get one bed of blue potatoes planted. I have a few redskins to plant but their bed isn’t ready yet. 

On Thursday I potted up about 200 flowers and herb plants. 

There were a couple early morning visitors. 

And a hawk in the afternoon. 

I don’t think most people realize how much time a farmer spends looking at animal butts and animal poop. That’s Posie on Wednesday. 


And some chicken butts today. 

And Posie this afternoon. 

Today I picked bunches of arugula and baby lettuce. I picked some beets too but forgot to take any pictures. It was cold and windy and Posie is a distraction. 

Oh forgot to mention my friend came back and fixed a squealing thing on the van and moved an electric outlet for me, one step closer to getting the cook stove into the kitchen. 

#appreciation
Today I so appreciate my friends.  My house is toasty warm and we’re making some progress in other areas too. 











No comments:

Post a Comment