My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Saturday, September 28, 2024

Farmer Friday

Diamondback
Welcome to Farmer Friday, a little recap of my week around here. Last weekend the diamondback rattlesnake was still hanging out in the chicken house. My friend tried to catch it but it got away from her. I have not seen it in about 2-3 days now so not sure where it went.
Esmarelda before milking
The milk explosion continues with Esmarelda now up to 11-12 pints a day in two milkings. I'm just happy she is so good on the stand and is soft and easy to milk.



Pinto Bean

Bambi's daughter Pinto Bean gets a little snack after the milkers are done in the evening. The other night she did not want to get up on the stand and decided to eat her snack like this. She did eventually get all the way up but I was cracking up at her antics.
pumpkins I did not grow

I was gifted a large lot of pumpkins, some of which were a bit moldy and squishy. Those went to the chickens right away and the rest to the kitchen floor to stay coolish. I have been feeding them to the goats and chickens.
eggplant and jalapeno

There were still a fair number of eggplant and a few regular and yellow jalapeno peppers
loofah
There are several good size loofah's out on the trellis

Lemon Spice jalapeno


cuccuzi / cuccza

Not a huge amount of things going on around here this past week,just trying to keep everybody fed and watered. It was cooling off and now it's hot again. Trying to prep for fall plantings in the garden is hard when it's hitting 100+ all the time.

Don't forget to stop back by next week for Harvest Monday!




1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Mary! Always so much going on, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete