My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Saturday, October 12, 2024

Farmer Friday

Sunday about 430am
Welcome to Farmer Friday, a recap of the past week. Saturday I went to the Superior, AZ Farmers Market, it was a good day. The weather is still too hot but we were able to be inside in their Chamber of Commerce building. Then Sunday as I was filling the kettle the faucet came off and water was shooting everywhere. But I was able to shut the water off pretty quickly and fixed it later after I did chores.


Fresh Goat Milk

I made cheese a couple of times during the week with the overabundance of milk. Most of it ends up in the freezer which is getting pretty crowded.


I spent about 2 hours on Wednesday morning cleaning up stuff in the driveway. I would really like to be able to drive all the way up to the shed and goat pen to unload feed instead of carrying it all the way up. Not happening any time soon but I'm a little bit closer.

Filling a raised bed

I haulded a lot of mostly finished compost and topped up two raised beds. It's really still too hot to plant most fall crops but I needed to make space in the compost area and I want to be ready as soon as it cools off a bit. I could add shade cloth and sprinkle a lot to get seeds going but really don't have time to babysit things right now.

Then I spent a lot of  Friday morning turning about 2 cubic yards of compost. There is still about that much more to go and then I will have room to muck out the girls pen. I will be really happy when I can get some of the hillsides fenced off for the goats. A lot less pen mucking then!


Nice wrap

I had two .22 rifles, both of which had been having issues. A friend looked at them, used parts from one to fix the other and added a nice wrap to the stock. We went up the creek to check it out. We discovered that some of the ammunition I had was the cause of jamming. It really didn't like a couple of brands at all. So we sorted all of those kinds out of the stash. I should be good now for varmint hunting.



I hope everyone has a great week. Thanks for stopping by, see you next time.



No comments:

Post a Comment