My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Tuesday, October 22, 2024

What Happened to Harvest Monday

Bentley
What happened to my usual Harvest Monday post? Well some crazy stuff happened last week!


It all started on Wednesday when Bambi came into heat and went on a date


This fence is trashed

And it ended with a demolished fence and two bloody bucks. So then I had to spend all my time on Friday securing a different spot for Bentley
 

So I wasn't able to pick any vegetables for Saturday's Farmers Market.


Things are a little bit calmer now, with more distance between the boys and so far no girls have come into heat this week. Kind of holding my breath on that.

Anyhoo Harvest Monday is a great blog hop hosted by Dave over at Happy Acres so hop on over there and see what everyone else was able to harvest!


eggs

goat milk
I did get a total of 50 eggs last week and a combined total of 13 gallons, 5.5 pints of goat milk. Whew, hopefully this week will be better!








No comments:

Post a Comment