My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Monday, October 14, 2019

10/14/19 Monday


A couple more inches to go. 

This looks nasty but at least it didn’t stink and didn’t have fly strike. A young cockerel has been looking a bit pale and his neck feathers looked odd. He had a small scab on top of a big knot on his neck. So I cleaned it out and flushed it with warm salt water and filled the hole with NuStock (a concoction of pine tar and sulfur in a lanolin base. It will keep out flies and prevent infections. He wasn’t looking too good when I put him back in his pen so we just have to wait and see. 


A wooden gate post set into a cement wall has rotted out. 


I have a metal one to replace it but no way to clean out the rotten wood out of the hole. Will have to think on this. I don’t have the time or energy to break out the wall. 

I worked half the day today and have half a day tomorrow. Things are moving slowly along. Almost dark time for food and bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment