My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Sunday, October 27, 2019

A Super Lazy Sunday


I did cut down some of the weed trees on the patio. Then I went to check out a possible new dog, a German Shepard mix about 8-9 months old. He is doing well with the lady’s other dogs, rabbits and chicken and seems calm and friendly.  He did jump over a low spot in her fence so I need to beef up a couple of spots on mine before bringing him home. I didn’t think to get a picture. 


I did some errands and picked up a load of spoiled hay for the compost pile. 

That is a San Marzano tomato growing in a pot. 

That tomato plant is totally astounding. It is loaded with fruit. It has grown over the pepper and an empty pot next to it. 

That’s the base of the plant. I think that’s just about an 18” pot.  I’m wondering how many pounds of fruit it will give and if any will ripen on the plant before frost. 

One Heat Master was ripe so I also picked a sprig of basil to go with it.  I did regular chores and watched a video. I spread some of that hay in different chicken pens and basically goofed off part of the day. 




No comments:

Post a Comment