My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Saturday, November 30, 2019

Saturday 11/30/2019


When I did chores this morning the girls were all dust bathing and enjoying the sun. 


I finally checked the rain guage  2.3” from Thursday to Friday. 

I turned the last compost pile because it was soggy and needed some air. I mucked out the wettest parts of a couple coops and dumped that on the pile. I’ll turn and mix it together tomorrow. 


I spent most of the day pulling tarps off the hoop coop, covering it in plastic and putting the tarps back on. 


The tarps help protect the plastic and keep the coops from over heating. Now that they are covered to the ground these coops won’t get so wet in the rain. 


The mountains around me have snow. Tomorrow I’ll try and move some birds around and fix some tarps that failed. Expecting more rain on Tuesday and next weekend. 


#100days of Appreciation Day 4. Today I appreciate my air tight wood stove. It warms my house and I can do simple cooking on it. I can burn any burnable material that fits, from good fire wood through trash wood, old pallets, cardboard and newspaper logs. It just needs occasional clean outs and replacing the door gasket every 10-20 years or so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment