My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Saturday, November 30, 2019

Thanksgiving


They were predicting several days of rain so I got this out to plant. Now is the best time  to plant spring flowers. Many will sprout and grow over the winter and bloom next spring. 

I spread it around the big hoop coop after spraying on some biological innoculants and trace minerals. 


I spent Thanksgiving Fay with family and got home and did chores just in time for the rain to start. Due to the weather I canceled my usual Friday deliveries and stayed home. I’m glad I did. It rain all night and most of the day. The wind blew off row covers and even pulled the hoops out of the ground. 


I added a stake and tied one set of hoops down. I added a couple of water filled jugs tied to the hoops to help hold them down. I made deeper holes and pushed them farther into the ground. I hope that helps. 

There has been a little runoff but not any violent flooding. 

The ducks are enjoying the weather. The chickens not so much. 


And I’ve been cozied up to the stove a lot. I have been working on 100 days of Appreciation. Today is Day 4 and today I really appreciate my wood stove. 



No comments:

Post a Comment