My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Friday, June 2, 2017

Farmer Friday

Rainbow Beets
Been a long week with lots of work done and still a ton of things on my to do list!  I pulled all the beets from the main bed because the irrigation is not giving it enough water. So will be working on that this week before I replant the bed. So a lot of small golden beets this week.

baby watermelon
new potatoes
First tomatoes of 2017; Red Currant
Red Currant tomatoes are a prolific and tasty tomato, although small. It is believed that these are some of the original tomatoes. The cherry tomatoes should be in full swing in the next couple of weeks. However I despair of having any large tomatoes this year. A stinking squirrel has been stealing all the big green tomatoes.
fresh herbs
lots of squash


Lots of other things going on around here, maybe I can get a few more posts in later in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment