My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Saturday, July 8, 2017

Farmer Friday





























Well it seems I'm pretty late for Farmer Friday. My Friday was off all day. I got up at 4:30 so plenty of time, but it seemed all of the chickens were out of water and the ducks too. That took sime time along with a couple of other small chores so I didn't get out to the garden until almost 7.
I picked 11 pounds of cherry tomatoes. 



Lots of squash in most sizes and kinds. 


Lots of squash, not as much as some weeks, they are still recovering from the wilty day last week.

Bird? Squirrel? I don't know
Grrr simething is eating the melons!  Not sure if this was a squirrel or birds. One is as bad as the other. 

some melons escaped pecking
There were some good ones to pick though they are on the small side. 

herbs and flowers
Herbs and flowers. Sage, Rosemary, parsley, basil for herbs.  Marigolds, dahlias, zinnias, yarrow for flowers. 

spaghetti squash is growing
Spaghetti squash are coming along.  There are some Trombonccino, a Honey Boat Delicata and Red Kuri down towards the end.


Just waiting for rain. It is so hot and dry things are getting crispy no matter how much I water. Had a few drops on Thursday but it barely hit the ground before it evaporated. We have chances of rain this week, but it remains to be seen if it actually makes it to my house. I do know I need to try and get a well in place before next summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment