My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Throw Back Thursday

RIP Stanley
I've been wanting to do some Throwback Thursday posts but all my old pictures are on the computer at my house and I don't think about it when I'm there usually. But it's drizzly today so I'll make up some drafts to post later.

In 2009 we had some rex rabbits. My grand daughter named the buck Stanley. Stanley lived a long time and was a good buck.

In 2009 I grew a lot of plants in pots and tubs on the patio. These tubs are made up as self watering containers after a design from Australia. You drill a 1/4 inch hole in one side, about 2-3 inches up from the bottom of the pot. You put in a pipe with an elbow on the bottom at the opposite end and put in drainage material like closed water bottles in the bottom. Cover the drainage material with potting soil and plant. You fill the bottom with water through the pipe and any excess drains out the little hole. The plants grow very well and rarely dry out. I even grew cauliflower in them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment