My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Friday, August 4, 2017

Farmer Friday

almost 2 pounds of basil


pesto!
Farmer Friday! A little late getting this done, I've had a ton of stuff to do this week and today. The other day I picked a bunch of basil and made pesto.

cherry tomatoes
More cherry tomatoes, still a lot of splits and rots from the rain. Not as many as before, and some of the plants seem to have a blight or something. I'll be cutting them out this week as soon as I have time.
trying to get in the garden gate!
Wild asters, lambsquarters, volunteer tomatoes and a giant squash vine are clogging up the access to the new garden, but I did manage to get in to pick beans.
picking beans
part of the bean harvest

























I was worried that I wouldn't have enough beans to fill my pre-paid orders, but there were plenty, almost 10 pounds!



squash, lots of gold patty pan
More squash of course. this week there were a lot of gold patty pans, with a few of each of the other kinds.
Armenian and Market Moore cucumbers
A good amount of both kinds of cucumbers. I also picked some greens, kale, chard and collards, but I figure you've already seen them. I didn't have time today to pick herbs and flowers, so I'll do that in the morning before I go to market.


No comments:

Post a Comment