My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Wednesday Wanderings.... a Little of This and That

little goose
Well little goose went to it's home on Tues. It will grow up with another goose, some ducks and a chicken. I was worried the adult goose would be an issue adding the baby to the flock, but it was the chicken that tried to jump him. Hopefully everyone will settle in and be fine.

over a pound of basil
I picked over a pound of basil from the driveway bed.

yummy pesto
I made some yummy pesto. I put some in the freezer and kept a jar out to use right away.

time to clean up the fence line
mostly done
The rains have kicked plant growth into high gear, so I spent some time cleaning up under the electric fence line.
a rainbow early Monday morning
a pretty daylilly
I have started a youtube channel and have been making a virtual garden tour for you. I'm up to part 3 but it will take several more parts to cover everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment