My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Thursday, August 10, 2017

Throw Back Thursday

cucumber July 2009
In July of 2009 I had quite a garden going. Cucumbers, squash, tomatoes,

squash on the patio
I had a lot of things growing on my patio in pots. Squash, tomatoes, eggplant, beans, herbs.

squash on the compost pile
I experimented with growing winter squashes on the compost pile. This idea worked well until the pile began to shrink dramatically and couldn't seem to hold enough water. 

No comments:

Post a Comment