My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Thursday, December 14, 2017

Throw Back Thursday

Cleaning up the greenhouse 12-14-2016
Cleaning up the greenhouse 12-14-2017





















Today I was cleaning up in the greenhouse and getting ready to put the plastic on it. Seems I was doing a similar job on this day last year. I had a lot of squirrel and pack rat issues last winter, they were under the house and tunneling into the greenhouse to eat everything in sight. I put down some chicken wire and rocks along the house and that helped the issue (along with the cats). Today I added more gravel and sand over the top of the chicken wire. I am hoping that will prevent issues this winter.

Maybe tomorrow I'll get the plastic up! It's been so hot I have been waiting for it to freeze up some, to help kill off some of the bugs before I put up the plastic. 

1 comment: