My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Thursday, December 21, 2017

Throw Back Thursday

Eggs Dec 2016
Last year at this time I was getting a few eggs from new pullets but not many others. The same is true this year. A lot of hens but not many eggs. The days are short and a lot of them are molting. But today is the Winter Solstice, the shortest day and longest night of the year. Beginning tomorrow the days will begin to be  a few seconds longer each day. By March I'll be swimming in eggs.


Broccoli Dec 2016

cauliflower Dec 2016




















Last year I had lots of broccoli and cauliflower. This year it was so very hot and dry in July, August and September with so many birds and grasshoppers that my seedlings did not survive. So no broccoli or cauliflower now. 

Snow Dec 2016
Last year we had a little snow. this year I've had .1" of rain since the 10th of September. No snow on the radar at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment