My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Saturday, May 8, 2021

Glad That Week is Done!


Caramel’s udder is very lopsided. It was that way before she kidded but now it’s even more pronounced   The kids do mostly drink from the smaller side because the teat is smaller and it’s easier for them to latch but I’m not sure it produces much. 


I made a batch of Fromagina cheese but was not thrilled. I think I got it too hot. 

I did not pick this flower on Friday after I spotted the “aphid lion” aka ladybug larvae. The lady bugs are starting to breed on the flowering cilantro and spreading around. 

Really loving the mixed colors in the bachelor buttons. 

Especially with the bright yellow and gold of the calendula 

I made another batch of cheese. This time Fromage blanc. I was super busy and drained it too long so it’s a bit dry but good anyway. 

I picked almost 9 pounds of snap peas. I suspect that will be the high for this year and expect production to go down now that it’s getting hot and dry. 


I delivered eggs and peas to Superior on Friday and set up at the Globe-Miami Farmers Market on Saturday. 


I came home, unloaded, did chores, miked and worked in the garden. 

The gladioli are coming up and I spotted some cosmos seedlings popping up. The sweet alyssum and calendula are starting to take off. 

The kale mix and other things I planted are sprouting. 

Doesn’t look like much yet but I put Trombonccino squash along the arch trellis and some zucchini and green scallop squash along the fence. 

The big mesquite growing by the driveway is blooming and smells like honey. Almost dark. Time to close up the shed and greenhouse and go in and feed me and Giotto. 

#appreciation
Just appreciating a nice day











No comments:

Post a Comment