My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Sunday, May 30, 2021

My Crazy Life



The hollyhocks are blooming 
The cats leave me presents 

I added lights to the gate posts. 

Of course they are chickens 
Took me 2 weeks to get the cooler cleaned up to use 

Milking time. Even Giotto has to get in on it


There were a few blue potatoes ready but I haven’t had time to eat any yet!

A Vernassage tomato 


Chocolate pear tomato

Principe Borghesi


Some big red cherry tomatoes 

Planting out squash


All the kids got their CD&at vaccine 

Cleaned up part of this junk pile

Fixed up the little house 


And moved Big Mamma and her foster chicks in

Cut down the pea vines and left them for mulch 

1st sunflower 

What a jungle. 


Got it cleaned up. I was waiting for the ladybugs to move on from the cilantro.  Most had gone over to the fennel so I collected cilantro seed. Been trying to get this replanted but haven’t made it yet


I think I’ve hatched way too many chicks 

Posie is giving me 1/2 a gallon of milk a day even with her kids still on her. This is after 8-10 hours separating her from them. 


This morning some friends came and helped put this up. Trying to make a big enough flat spot on the hill to build a real goat house. Thank you Mindy and Chad!

In other news the truck wouldn’t start and the van had a flat and needs two new tires. The gas station was out of everything but Premium. 

But I have all the eggs, meat, cheese and milk I can use. The gardens are starting to get going. And we are headed in the right direction even if it is slow going. 

#appreciation
Today I appreciate friends and helpers. That job would have taken me a month or more by myself 



















No comments:

Post a Comment