My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Monday, May 10, 2021

Oh Boy! Monday Again!


My store bought sweet potato is sprouting. Work was crazy towards the end of my shift. Then I came to water and do chores. Posie dumped a quart of milk just as we were almost finished milking. 


I just thought Posie was a drama queen. I have been milking Caramel in her pen fairly easily with the kids close to her. But today they were playing at the other end and Caramel became a bucking bronc worthy of the nationals. When I hobbled her she acted like her legs were rubber and melted into the ground. Which meant starting over with udder washing.  She managed to fling her grain all over then pen and even laid down on top of the bucket I put under her to keep that from happening. It was quite a workout. But eventually we were done.  I brought the milk in and strained it right into the cheese pot to make some chèvre. 

I didn’t get any more pics today but I did get some things watered and planted some chamomile in the orchard garden where there was a bare spot. It’s getting warmer and dryer so watering is even more critical. 

Still really loving this flower combo. Going to plant tons of bachelor buttons for next year!

#appreciation
Today I appreciate that I pour the milk into a jar as I milk so not all was lost. 


No comments:

Post a Comment