My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Tuesday, October 27, 2020

What a crazy week


Rainbow chard

Red Russian kale for market

I got to visit with my newest grand baby 


And my oldest grand daughter the Farmer Girl is a good cook too. 

Packing for a chicken show. I sold my old incubator and delivered it at the show. 

I left home at 4:30 am to make sure I got there on time. I also sold all the Silkies. That will make room to do more work with the little Nankins. 

The show was fun 



Over 800 birds were shown. I had a good time talking chicken. I’ll do another post with pictures of different birds. 

The plaques are made by the local high school wood shop. 


The buckles were really pretty   


A long drive home Sunday afternoon. Our original forecast was for rain Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. Then it changed to just Sunday. We got about three drops and a lot of wind. More wind and cooler temps on Monday. 



And then I woke up to this on Tuesday. I don’t remember it ever snowing before Halloween in my whole life. Thanksgiving yes. But not before Halloween.  I worked full days on Monday and Tuesday, rushing home to cover plants, rearrange the living room so we could make a fire Tuesday and stopping at a friends to milk their goat for them both nights. Whew. I’m beat. Toasty fire going and I’m ready for bed. 

#appreciation
Today I’m appreciating that at least occasionally I managed to plan ahead and had boxes of wood ready to grab and bring in the house. 



No comments:

Post a Comment